When it comes to high-performance coolers, two names that immediately come to mind are RTIC and Yeti. Both brands have carved out reputations for providing top-notch products built to withstand the harshest of environments. Whether you’re planning a weekend camping trip or an epic cross-country road trip, a durable and efficient cooler is a must-have.
RTIC and Yeti offer a range of coolers in different sizes and designs, each with its unique features. Both claim to provide superior ice retention, rugged durability, and convenient design. But which one comes out on top? In this guide, we’ll delve into the key comparisons between RTIC cooler vs Yeti to help you make an informed purchase decision..
RTIC Cooler vs Yeti Quick Guide
Before we dive into the details, here’s a quick rundown of the essential differences between the RTIC cooler vs Yeti.
- Ice Retention: One of the most crucial factors in choosing a cooler is how long it can keep your items cold. We’ll compare RTIC Cooler and Yeti on their ice retention capabilities.
- Durability: A high-performance cooler should withstand the rigors of outdoor activities. We’ll examine the durability of both RTIC Cooler and Yeti.
- Design and Ease of Use: Does the cooler have a user-friendly design? We’ll look at the design differences between RTIC and Yeti.
- Size and Capacity: Depending on your needs, the size and capacity of your cooler can be an important deciding factor. We’ll compare the range and variations of sizes offered by both RTIC and Yeti.
- Price: Last but not least, we’ll analyze the cost-effectiveness of both brands. Is the higher price of a Yeti cooler justified, or does RTIC offer better value for money?
RTIC Cooler vs Yeti Comparisons Explained
Now let’s dig into the details and compare RTIC Cooler vs Yeti on each of these key factors.
1. Ice Retention
When it comes to ice retention, both RTIC and Yeti use high-quality insulation, but they differ in their approach. Yeti coolers are known for their thick walls filled with pressure-injected commercial-grade polyurethane foam. On the other hand, RTIC uses a rotomolded construction with up to three inches of insulation and a freezer-grade gasket for better sealing.
In terms of actual ice retention, both brands perform exceptionally well. However, independent tests have shown that Yeti coolers can keep ice longer than RTIC coolers by a slight margin. This may be due to the thicker walls and commercial-grade insulation used by Yeti.
Both RTIC and Yeti coolers are built with durability in mind, using rugged materials that can withstand harsh conditions. They both have premium rotomolded construction, making them resistant to impact, leaks, and UV damage. However, Yeti takes it a step further by using heavy-duty rubber latches and hinge systems, making their coolers even more durable.
3. Design and Ease of Use
In terms of design, both RTIC and Yeti offer a range of user-friendly features such as non-slip feet, easy-grip handles, and drain plugs for easy cleaning. However, Yeti takes the lead again with its patented T-Rex rubber latches and NeverFail hinge system, which ensures a secure seal and easy opening and closing.
4. Size and Capacity
Both RTIC and Yeti offer a wide range of sizes to choose from, catering to different needs. However, Yeti offers more options in terms of size variations, with coolers ranging from 20 quarts to 350 quarts. RTIC, on the other hand, offers a range from 20 quarts to 145 quarts.
Finally, let’s talk about price. There’s no denying that Yeti coolers come with a higher price tag compared to RTIC. However, as we’ve seen in our comparisons above, Yeti does offer some additional features and slightly better performance in terms of ice retention. So if you’re willing to invest more for top-of-the-line durability and convenience, Yeti may be the way to go.
RTIC Cooler vs Yeti Options that Get the Job Done
Let’s take an even closer look at some of the options within each brand that are highly recommended by users to help you understand RTIC coolers vs Yeti coolers.
- Extreme Durability: Engineered for impact resistance, durability, and exceptional ice retention, making it suitable for diverse adventures.
- Superior Insulation: Boasts up to 3 inches of closed-cell foam insulation.
- Portable and Sturdy: Features heavy-duty rope handles for easy portability.
- Versatile Utility: Functions as an ice cooler, travel companion, beer or drink cooler, camping essential, beach buddy, boat cooler, or barbecue essential, catering to various needs.
- Size Options and Multi-functionality: Available in sizes ranging from 20 qt to 145 qt, offering versatility as it can also serve as a bench, step stool, tabletop, or extra cutting board, adding more utility beyond mere cooling.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
The RTIC Hard Cooler is designed to withstand the extremes and deliver exceptional performance. With its impact-resistant construction, durability, and long-lasting ice retention, this cooler is perfect for all your adventures.
Featuring up to 3 inches of closed-cell foam insulation, this cooler goes above and beyond to keep your food and beverages colder for longer. Whether you’re on a camping trip, beach outing, or boat ride, trust this portable cooler to keep your drinks, food, and meat ice cold.
Versatile and functional, this cooler serves multiple purposes. Use it as an ice cooler, drink cooler, travel cooler, beer cooler, camping cooler, beach cooler, boat cooler, or barbecue cooler. The possibilities are endless.
Available in various sizes ranging from 20 qt to 145 qt, this outdoor cooler caters to your needs. Plus, it can even double up as a bench, step stool, tabletop, or extra cutting board.
The RTIC Hard Cooler stands out for its durability, superior insulation, portability, versatility, and various size options, making it an ideal choice for adventurers seeking a reliable and adaptable cooler for their journeys.
- Versatile Capacity: Holds up to 26 cans with a recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio, offering a balanced storage option.
- Advanced Insulation: Features up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and a robust FatWall design.
- Rugged Construction: Utilizes Rotomolded Construction for durability, making it nearly indestructible and capable of enduring challenging journeys.
- Secure Lid Latches: Equipped with heavy-duty rubber T-Rex Lid Latches, featuring patented keeper technology to ensure secure closure and durability.
- Dimensions and Extras: Measures 25 1/2 inches long x 16 inches wide x 15 ½ inches high, with an empty weight of 23 lbs, and includes a standard dry goods basket.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
The YETI Tundra 45 is the perfect combination of versatility and durability. With a capacity of up to 26 cans and a recommended ice-to-contents ratio of 2:1, this portable cooler keeps your beverages and food chilled for longer periods.
Thanks to its innovative design, the ice stays ice with up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall construction that is certified Bear-Resistant. The Tundra’s Rotomolded Construction ensures it is armored to the core, making it virtually indestructible and ready to withstand any journey.
Not only is it tough, but the Tundra 45 also features T-Rex Lid Latches made of heavy-duty rubber, eliminating the worry of busted latches. With patented keeper technology, you can trust that your cooler will stay securely closed.
Measuring 25 3/4 inches long, 16 1/8 inches wide, and 15 3/8 inches high, and weighing just 23 lbs when empty, the YETI Tundra 45 is the ultimate companion for any outdoor adventure.
Common Questions About RTIC Cooler vs Yeti
It’s time to answer some common questions that people have about RTIC and Yeti coolers.
Can I use dry ice in these coolers?
Yes, both RTIC and Yeti coolers are designed to withstand extreme temperatures, including dry ice.
Are RTIC coolers as good as Yeti?
Both RTIC and Yeti offer high-quality, durable coolers that perform well in terms of ice retention. However, Yeti does have some additional features and slightly better performance overall.
Is it worth buying a Yeti cooler?
It depends on your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line cooler with added features and don’t mind paying a premium, Yeti may be worth the investment. However, if you’re on a budget, RTIC offers similar performance at a lower price.
Does RTIC offer a warranty?
Yes, RTIC offers a 7-year warranty for their coolers. Yeti also offers a 5-year warranty for their coolers.
Video YETI vs RTIC: Who will win the ice challenge?
For a visual demonstration of the differences between RTIC cooler vs Yeti, check out the following video. It puts both brands to the test in an “ice challenge” to determine which cooler has better ice retention.
In conclusion, when it comes to RTIC cooler vs Yeti, both RTIC Cooler and Yeti are excellent options for high-performance coolers. They both offer exceptional ice retention, durability, and convenience, with some minor differences in their approach. Ultimately, the choice between RTIC cooler vs Yeti will come down to your personal preferences and budget. Whether you choose RTIC or Yeti, you can rest assured that you’ll have a reliable cooler by your side on your next outdoor adventure. So go ahead and make your decision â€“ you can’t go wrong with either of these top-notch brands. Happy cooling!