When it comes to rugged, dependable, and top-performing coolers, Yeti is a brand that has gained substantial recognition in the market. Among their myriad offerings, the Yeti 45 vs. 65 coolers are highly sought after, with each model boasting unique features tailored to a variety of use cases.
The question of whether to opt for the Yeti 45 or Yeti 65 often baffles outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and tailgaters alike. Both models offer exceptional insulation, durability, and ice retention, truly living up to Yeti’s reputation for high-quality products. However, the key differences lie in their size, weight, capacity, and intended use. Let’s delve into the specifics of the Yeti 45 vs. 65 to help you make an informed decision for your next adventure.
Yeti 45 vs. 65 Quick Guide
Want to know how to choose between Yeti 45 vs. 65? Learn below about five key differences that will help you make your final choice.
- Size and Weight: The Yeti 45 is smaller and lighter, making it easier to carry and perfect for short trips or smaller groups. On the contrary, the Yeti 65 is larger and heavier, ideal for bigger gatherings or longer outings.
- Capacity: While both coolers have substantial storage, the Yeti 45 can accommodate up to 26 cans (with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio), while the Yeti 65 can hold up to 39 cans, making it a better option for larger parties or extended stays.
- Ice Retention: Both models are known for their superior ice retention. However, due to its larger size, the Yeti 65 retains ice slightly longer than the Yeti 45, keeping your beverages and food cooler for extended periods.
- Price: Expectedly, with the larger size and increased capacity comes a higher price tag. The Yeti 65 is typically more expensive than the Yeti 45.
- Intended Use: The Yeti 45 is perfect for day trips, tailgating, or small get-togethers, thanks to its portability and compact design. The Yeti 65 is better suited for camping trips, fishing expeditions, or large backyard barbecues due to its larger capacity and extended ice retention.
Yeti 45 vs. 65: Key Differences
Now that we’ve covered the key differences let’s dive a little deeper into each model’s unique features to help you choose between the Yeti 45 vs. 65 and find out which suits your needs the best.
Size and Weight
The Yeti 45 measures 25.5— 16— 15.5 and weighs approximately 23 pounds when empty, making it easy to transport on your own.
Measuring 30.5— 17.38— 16, the Yeti 65 is larger and heavier than the Yeti 45, weighing in at approximately 29 pounds when empty.
As mentioned earlier, the Yeti 45 can hold up to 26 cans (with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio) or about 35 pounds of ice. It also has enough space for storing snacks, sandwiches, and other essentials for a day trip.
With its increased size, the Yeti 65 can hold up to 39 cans (with a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio) or about 56 pounds of ice. It also has ample space for storing larger food items and drinks.
The Yeti 45 can keep ice for up to five days, making it perfect for weekend camping trips or beach outings.
The Yeti 65 can keep ice chilled for up to seven days, making it a great option for extended camping or fishing trips.
The Yeti 45 ranges from $299.99 to $349.99, depending on the color and special edition designs.
The Yeti 65 ranges from $349.99 to $399.99, depending on the color and special edition designs.
Yeti 45 vs. 65 Reviewed in this Article
Let’s take a closer look at each model individually to further understand what each has to offer when it comes to Yeti 45 vs. 65.
- Versatile Capacity: Holds up to 26 cans with a recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio, offering a balance between capacity and ice retention.
- Advanced Insulation: Equipped with up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and a robust FatWall design, ensuring ice remains intact for prolonged periods. Certified Bear-Resistant for durability.
- Durable Construction: Built with Rotomolded Construction, making it nearly indestructible and capable of withstanding tough journeys and environments.
- Reliable Latches: Features T-Rex Lid Latches crafted from heavy-duty rubber, ensuring latch durability with patented keeper technology to prevent breakage.
- Dimensions and Details: The Tundra 45 measures 25 1/2 inches long x 16 inches wide x 15 ½ inches high, weighing 23 lbs when empty.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
The YETI Tundra 45, is the ultimate combination of versatility and durability. With a capacity of up to 26 cans, this portable cooler is perfect for any adventure.
Thanks to its innovative design, ice stays ice for longer periods of time. The PermaFrost Insulation, with up to 3 inches of thickness, ensures that your ice stays frozen, while the extra thick FatWall design adds an extra layer of protection. Certified Bear-Resistant, the Tundra 45 is built to withstand the toughest conditions.
Constructed using Rotomolded technology, this cooler is armored to the core and virtually indestructible. No matter where your journey takes you, the Tundra 45’s sturdy construction will stand up to the rigors of the road.
Say goodbye to broken latches! The Tundra 45 features T-Rex Lid Latches made of heavy-duty rubber, ensuring a secure and reliable closure every time. With patented keeper technology, you can trust that your cooler will stay tightly sealed.
With dimensions of 25 1/2 inches long, 16 inches wide, and 15 Â½ inches high, and an empty weight of 23 lbs, the Tundra 45 is designed to be the perfect companion for your outdoor adventures. And don’t forget, every Tundra model comes standard with one dry goods basket.
- Durable Construction: Made from tough MuleSkin fabrics with welded seams, ensuring longevity and reliability.
- Innovative Cooling: Equipped with PolarLayer Insulation and Muleskin interior/exterior, capable of maintaining ice-like temperatures for over 24 hours. It has a 20-liter capacity or space for 18 cans plus ice.
- Hands-Free Convenience: Features a lightweight, backpack-style design with a padded and ventilated sling strap.
- Collapsible & Portable: Easily rolls up when empty, making it compact and travel-friendly.
- Waterproof & Buoyant: Welded seams and zipper-less closure ensure waterproofing and floating capabilities. The IM AirValve allows for the addition of air to the insulation layer.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
This YETI cooler stands out for its versatility, advanced insulation, durability, and thoughtful design, making it an excellent choice for outdoor enthusiasts needing a reliable and spacious cooling solution.
The YETI Tundra 65 is the ultimate cooler for all your outdoor adventures! Whether you’re out in the field keeping your catches cold or hosting a backyard barbecue, this ice chest is up for the task. With its generous capacity, it can hold a limit of redfish or your prized brisket with ease.
Featuring up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation, your ice will stay frozen for longer, while the extra thick FatWall design ensures superior insulation and even makes it certified Bear-Resistant. The Tundra’s Rotomolded Construction makes it virtually indestructible, ready to withstand any rugged journey you take it on.
Say goodbye to broken latches! The Tundra 65 comes equipped with heavy-duty rubber T-Rex Lid Latches, ensuring secure closure every time, thanks to its patented keeper technology. Plus, with dimensions of 30 1/2 inches long x 17 1/2 inches wide x 16 inches high and an empty weight of 29 lbs, it offers ample space without compromising portability.
Don’t settle for anything less than the best – choose the YETI Tundra 65 for unmatched durability, superior insulation, and reliable performance. It’s time to elevate your outdoor adventures with this top-of-the-line cooler!
Common Questions About Yeti 45 vs. 65
Let’s address a few common questions that may arise when considering the Yeti 45 vs. 65 coolers.
Which Yeti Cooler is Right for You?
Ultimately, the choice between the Yeti 45 and 65 boils down to your specific needs and intended use. Are you looking for a compact and easily portable cooler for shorter adventures? The Yeti 45 might be the better option for you. Or do you need a larger, heavy-duty cooler to keep food and drinks cold for an extended period? Then the Yeti 65 might be a more suitable choice.
Regardless of your decision, both the Yeti 45 and 65 are top-of-the-line coolers that promise to keep your food and beverages chilled in even the most extreme outdoor conditions. So whether you’re planning a day hike or a week-long fishing trip, trust in the quality and performance of a Yeti cooler to keep your refreshments ice-cold.
Can I use dry ice in these coolers?
Yes, both the Yeti 45 and 65 are dry-ice compatible. However, it’s essential to handle dry ice with caution and follow proper safety measures.
Between the Yeti 45 vs. 65, are they bear-proof?
The Yeti 45 and 65 models are certified as bear-resistant, making them a reliable option for camping in bear country.
How can you maximize the use of your Yeti cooler?
Even after you’ve made your decision between the Yeti 45 and 65, there are a few tips to keep in mind to ensure you get the most out of your cooler:
- Pre-chill your cooler and its contents prior to use for maximum ice retention.
- Use a 2:1 ice-to-beverage ratio for optimal cooling.
- Avoid opening the cooler unnecessarily to maintain cold temperatures inside.
- Store perishable food items in a separate container within the cooler to prevent cross-contamination with melting ice.
- Clean and dry your cooler thoroughly after each use to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
- Utilize the tie-down points on the cooler for secure transportation in a vehicle or other means of travel.
- Consider investing in accessories such as dividers, baskets, and drink holders to further organize your cooler’s contents.
With these extra tips in mind, you can make the most out of whichever Yeti cooler you choose and continue to enjoy cold, refreshing drinks on all your adventures.
Video Yeti Tundra 45 vs 65 Cooler – Review & Comparison
For a visual breakdown of the differences between the Yeti 45 vs. 65, check out this video review and comparison. See these coolers in action and learn more about their features and capabilities. After all, seeing is believing!
Ultimately, the decision between the Yeti 45 vs. 65 comes down to your specific needs and intended use. If you’re looking for a compact and portable cooler for day trips or small gatherings, the Yeti 45 is an excellent choice. However, if you frequently host larger events or need extended ice retention for longer trips, the Yeti 65 may be the better option. Whichever you choose, both coolers are sure to provide exceptional performance and keep your food and drinks cold for your next adventure.