In the world of high-end coolers, Orca Coolers have rapidly emerged as a top contender. Garnering rave reviews for their performance and durability, these coolers have proven their mettle against leading brands, and even the unforgiving wilderness. But what makes Orca Coolers so unique? Are they as good, if not better, than the much-hyped Yeti coolers? Can they indeed withstand a bear attack?
In this article, we delve into these questions, review the product’s standout features and the comprehensive warranty that backs them, and explore who exactly is behind the making of Orca Coolers. Join us as we unpack the reasons why Orca Coolers are giving their competitors a run for their money.
Orca Coolers Quick Guide
Wondering why Orca Coolers get all the right boxes checked? Here’s Why Orca Coolers Outshine Their Competition:
- Superior Insulation: Orca Coolers are built with top-tier insulation technology, ensuring your ice stays ice even under intense heat.
- Robust Construction: Crafted with a rugged, roto-molded design, Orca Coolers are constructed to endure the harshest conditions. Their durability stands testament to the question, “Who makes Orca Coolers?” Each cooler is proudly made in the USA, showcasing top-notch American craftsmanship.
- Bear-Proof Design: If you’re still wondering, “Are Orca Coolers bear proof?” The answer is a resounding yes. These coolers are IGBC (Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee) certified, lending peace of mind when you’re out in the wilderness.
- Versatile Range: Orca Coolers offer a wide array of designs, sizes, and colors. Whether you’re planning a day trip or a week-long adventure, there’s an Orca cooler tailored to your needs.
- Lifetime Warranty: Orca Coolers come with a lifetime warranty, a testament to the company’s confidence in their product’s longevity and quality. This comprehensive warranty, unparalleled in the industry, truly sets Orca Coolers apart from the competition.
Orca Coolers Reasons Explained
With all these features, it’s no wonder Orca Coolers reviews consistently highlight their superiority. Now, its time to get deeper into all these benefits Orca Coolers have to offer.
The superior insulation technology employed in Orca Coolers make them a clear cut above the competition. The two-inch thick walls are engineered to maintain consistent temperature, keeping your ice cold for longer periods of time. So whether you’re planning a beach picnic or an extended camping trip, your food will stay fresh and delicious throughout the entire adventure.
This superior performance in maintaining temperature makes them a favorite among outdoor enthusiasts.
The roto-molded design of Orca Coolers provides a robust construction that can withstand even the most extreme conditions. The coolers are designed to keep your food and beverages safe, making them perfect for any outdoor activity such as fishing, hunting or tailgating.
And with their signature American craftsmanship, you can rest assured knowing these coolers will be around for a long time.
Orca Coolers have been certified by the IGBC (Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee) as bear-proof, meaning that your cooler and its contents are safe even if you’re in bear country.
So if you’re planning to take your Orca Cooler out into the wild, you can do so with complete peace of mind knowing that your cooler and its precious contents are safe from hungry uninvited guests.
The wide array of Orca Coolers on offer is testament to their versatility. With sizes ranging from 20 quarts all the way up to 140 quarts, there’s an Orca Cooler built for every occasion. You can also choose from a variety of colors and designs so you can pick one that fits your style and preferences.
Orca Coolers come with a comprehensive lifetime warranty, an assurance that the company has total confidence in their product’s performance and durability. This lifetime warranty is unmatched in the industry, further demonstrating the commitment of Orca Coolers to provide excellence with every cooler they make.
Orca Coolers Review
The ORCA 20 cooler has a liquid quart capacity of 20, but let’s delve deeper into what that really means. In terms of space efficiency, it falls second to last among the 20 quart coolers tested.
Interestingly, the RTIC 20 Qt cooler holds 22 liquid quarts, allowing you to fit a little more inside. While ORCA claims their 20 Qt cooler can accommodate 18 cans, it can actually hold 20 cans. This gives the cooler a 1:1 ratio of can storage to liquid capacity.
Among the coolers tested, the ORCA ranked third in terms of insulation. However, its performance was almost identical to that of the RTIC 20. The slight differences observed could be attributed to limitations in instrument sensitivity rather than actual disparities between the coolers.
While the YETI Roadie 24 maintained temperatures below 40 degrees for an impressive 73 hours, the ORCA achieved a commendable 70 hours of cooling capability.
The ORCA 20 Qt cooler is an absolute beast, even among rotomolded coolers that are already known for their indestructibility. The handle on the ORCA is almost twice as sturdy as the stainless steel handle on the RTIC. The ORCA handle gives the entire cooler an appearance of being an unstoppable tank.
The ORCA 20 Qt is quite hefty, weighing 18 pounds even when empty. In comparison, the YETI weighs 13 pounds and the Igloo only 10 pounds. It’s evident that the ORCA can be a challenge to carry, especially when fully loaded.
Surprisingly, the RTIC 20 weighs even more at 19 pounds, making it slightly heavier than the ORCA. However, the RTIC has a locking mechanism in its handle that keeps it secure and makes it slightly easier to carry.
- The cargo net at the back serves as a convenient storage spot during camping trips. It’s perfect for keeping essentials like knives, bottle caps, or even your phone, ensuring you never misplace them.
- One of the standout features is the drain spigot located on the side. While 20 quart coolers can be tipped to drain, the ORCA cooler makes it even easier with a simple unscrewing of the drain to let the water out.
- For added security, the ORCA cooler features two padlock holes on either side. You can fill it with delicious honey, toss it to a bear, and rest assured that the bear will never get to it.
- To enhance ice retention and prevent leaks, the ORCA cooler is equipped with a rubber gasket around the lid. It’s completely water-tight, so you never have to worry about any mishaps.
- Although the ORCA cooler boasts two rubber t-handles, they could be improved. Among coolers tested, the ORCA was the most challenging to open and close due to the thick rubber that lacks flexibility compared to other brands.
When it comes to accessories, ORCA offers a range of options for their larger coolers, including seat pads, baskets, and ice blocks. However, for their 20 Qt cooler, the accessory selection is more limited. They do offer a separate plastic cup holder attachment, as well as an attachment specifically designed for fishing poles. This is especially beneficial for anglers who prefer fishing from the shore or pier.
Common Questions About Orca Coolers
Are ORCA coolers as good as YETI?
While ORCA coolers are comparable to YETI, it’s worth noting that ORCA coolers are proudly made in the USA and come with a lifetime warranty, whereas YETI offers a 5-year warranty. Considering these factors, ORCA may be the preferred brand for you.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Orca 20 Qt Cooler?
- The robust stainless steel bar handle ensures unparalleled durability, eliminating any concerns of breakage or bending.
- The conveniently located cargo pouch on the back provides exceptional storage convenience.
- Proudly made in the USA, specifically in Ohio, showcasing superior craftsmanship.
- Occasionally, the handle may disengage, although reattaching it is a simple task. Nonetheless, it can be mildly bothersome.
- Despite being empty, the cooler is notably heavy, which could pose a challenge during transportation.
In summary, the Orca 20 Qt Cooler offers exceptional durability, convenient features, and is proudly made in the USA. However, occasional handle disengagement and its substantial weight should be taken into consideration.
How many cans shoul you fit in the Orca 20?
The ORCA 20 is designed to accommodate up to 20 cans, with the option to add ice on top. However, it’s important to note that a fully loaded ORCA 20, weighing close to 40 pounds, can be cumbersome to carry.
Alternatively, if you prioritize maximum ice retention, the ORCA 20 Qt hard cooler can hold 22 pounds of ice, but it won’t leave any room for other items. For shorter trips like an overnight or weekend getaway, opt for a seven pound bag of ice to maintain the desired temperature for your belongings.
Are there any alternatives to the Orca 20?
- Many would say the YETI Roadie 24. It not only excels in insulation but also offers excellent food storage capacity. Its lightweight, nylon handle and unique shape make it easy to carry.
- But if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option in the 20-25 quart hard cooler category, the Igloo BMX 25 Qt cooler fits the bill. It’s the largest among small coolers, offering great value compared to other rotomolded coolers. With its lightweight design, it’s easy to secure in your truck and can accommodate a considerable number of cans and food items.
Video Best USA Made Cooler? | ORCA Cooler Review
Want to know more about Orca Coolers reviews? We encourage you to watch the following video for a review on the ORCA 80 quart cooler and the ORCA 140 quart.
In conclusion, ORCA Coolers certainly live up to their reputation for superior durability and impressive ice retention. Despite being heavier than some of its counterparts, the ORCA 20 is nonetheless a worthy investment, with unique features such as the cargo net and robust handle.
While there are other brands in the market, like YETI and Igloo, which also offer high-quality coolers, ORCA sets itself apart with its lifetime warranty and USA manufacturing. It’s also bear-proof, ensuring your goodies are safe even in the wilderness. If you’re in search of a cooler that pairs toughness with convenience, and you don’t mind a bit of extra weight, then an ORCA cooler might be the perfect match for you.